Friday, February 12, 2010

New Idea!

So I know I haven't been good about updating...sorry Renee :) I had an idea of short little things to post on my blog! THINGS MY STUDENTS SAY! Genius right?!

Today's question comes from a very sweet student who can be very talkative at times. We just finished watching THE PIANO LESSON by August Wilson because it is Black History Month. We watch the Hallmark movie version. The kids really enjoy it.

SO we finished the movie and said student was completing her assignment: Analyze this play using Aristotle's 6 Elements of Drama (Action, Theme, Character, Language, Music, and Spectacle) She worked all period long and then asked me what she was supposed to write for Theme. I told her to just write a few sentences telling me what the theme of the play is.

Her response :" WHAT'S A THEME?!"

Don't you think by the time you are a sophomore in high school you should have learned what THEME is?! ho hum.

Stay tuned. It's only 2nd period. I'm sure I'll have more to come!

4 comments:

  1. I thoroughly approve of this idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. HILARIOUS!!! Cute idea!!! :)
    More! More! More!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH....at least you are blogging....look at this, you have readers

    ReplyDelete